My Mother Myself

My mother, Jo, and I have this really bad habit of tearing recipes and cooking tips from magazines and neatly organizing them in notebooks. We have actually made some of those recipes. That would probably account for about 1%. All the others we would really, really like to make. Yesterday she gave me one of her notebooks. To say the least - I was thrilled. As I ran thru the notebook I decided I would post some of them here for the next year (or so . . . ) and a few of mine. Some of them are oldies from family. Some will have no reference. Let's see how this goes . . . . .

*****************************************************************************************************

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Southern Living Magazine

Oh, you didn't know?
Oh, yes.
Jo has been published.
Way back. 
If you have this issue of Southern Living Magazine 



turn to page 231


and you will see one of the recipes that Southern Living published in May 1983. 
Pecan Cheese Ball

Dylan had to try her Great Grandmother's recipe using one of the recipe cards the magazine issued to Jo



it was great - thanks Jo

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jo also had this recipe featured in the Southern Living Annual publication for 1983


Green Beans Vinaigrette

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No comments:

Post a Comment